Sunday, January 20, 2008

Topps 3-D Cards

The 1985 Topps 3-D card, with Rickey in his A's uniform, is one of my favorite cards in my collection. I really like the way the 3-D effect actually makes him jump off of the card! The cards are blank backed (except for a few pieces of double-stick tape), and are approximately 4"x6" large.




The card above is from the 1985 Topps 3-D set, and is number 10 of 30. Rickey was actually traded to the Yankees before the 1985 season began, but he didn't show up as a Yankee until the 1986 Topps 3-D set, where he's number 11 of 30.


5 comments:

Wax Heaven said...

Wow. That's something I have NEVER seen. Is there a checklist of those somewhere? Awesome card!

ManOfSteal said...

They used to be pretty rare, but they do pop up on eBay now fairly often. I'll e-mail you an Excel sheet with the checklists for the 85 and 86 sets. If you enjoyed these, be sure to check out tonight's post, as it should be to your liking as well.

Wax Heaven said...

Awesome! Thanks for going to all that trouble. Too bad Jose wasn't included in the '86 version.

Steve Gierman said...

I remember those. I used to have the '85 Rickey 3-D card.

Very cool!

Anonymous said...

I am listing my COMPLETE set of 1985 Topps 3-D cards today!!! Look for them 6/15/08